Uniting Twin Cities K-12 Education Workers for Social and Racial Justice
We nourish Twin Cities movements for social justice in education so we may all survive and thrive. We create spaces to share tools, raise consciousness, and build people power; connect and collaborate with those fighting to transform our education system; and organize until our schools are run by the direct democracy of those who have been historically and systematically oppressed, including students, families, education workers, and communities.
We dream of socially and culturally just education systems free from colonization, capitalist exploitation, assimilation, and the erasure of histories and languages. Our future schools can and should honor the wisdom of our children, elders, educators, and families; center the self-determination of the oppressed; and fight for creativity, social justice, and community flourishing. We invite all people who resonate with our vision and are committed to anti-racist, anti-capitalist, feminist, queer, and decolonial values and practices to join our efforts.
WHAT WE DO
- Coordinate the annual Social Justice Education Fair
- Host in-school organizing trainings and community gatherings
- Gather twice monthly for in-school organizing and planning meetings
- Maintain a blog which focuses on revolutionary change in education
- Fight racism and oppression through direct action